Friday, December 5, 2008

Fall-Theme Cards

















If I had to pick one craft item that I love the most, it would have to be decorative paper. I wait until it is 50% off at Hobby Lobby and then I stock up. I loved this pattern because it was so inspiring...and it works great with the ribbon, fall silk flowers also the buttons. Love it!
Usually I'll cut up one or two 12x12 sheets of my chosen paper and make a "set" with the same theme. It saves time and keeps me within a limited color palette. Also with a narrower range of embellishments to choose from, I work faster...and tend to not go too far overboard. I like to leave some un-adorned areas so that the beauty of the paper is not overpowered.

The vellum quotes are from some great $1 sets from JoAnn's. Lots of great quotes from writers and artists, which I love. The "Happy Heart" woven tag sticker is from BigLots.

The paper didn't come with any metallic accent; that's just my own doodling with a cheapie WalMart sparkle gel pen. So fun...the one thing that makes me feel like I'm being really extravagant is using glitter. And the pens make virtually no mess, as opposed to regular loose glitter.

The orange mulberry paper is from a BigLots find a long time ago; I think the ribbon came from a Micheals' bargain bin.

I apologize for the poor focus of some of the pictures...that camera shake readjustment function isn't quite all it's cracked up to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails