Sunday, December 14, 2008

Glitter Trees














If there's one thing that makes me feel super extravagant, it's glitter! It doesn't matter how simple the design really is; glitter always feels like an indulgent splurge!

...That is, until it comes time for cleanup...and I think, never doing that again...but of course, when another card just screams, glitter me!...well, you know...
But I've found the perfect solution to the stubborn sticky glitter problem. My old cookie pan was so scored and scoured that I was about to have to throw it out, until I realized it would be perfect for keeping glitter and embossing powder a little more under control than just a sheet of scrap paper under my projects.
So, that retired cookie tray is now part of my crafting arsenal. It's also good for piling everything together for easy table clean-up at dinner time.

It's been so long since I've worked on a pure white base that the clean, open feeling is so refreshing. The gray ink used for the inside sentiments was from a $1 pigment pad at JoAnns. Stamps from...you guessed it...clearance aisles...
The edge punch is from the Martha Stewart line of easy-line-up edge punches. The arches and snowflakes are just gorgeous, and you can reuse the little stars that punch out of the snowflake one in other cards, as I did with the Night Sky Wisemen card (see post of that name).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails